Books for Beginning Meditators
- A Gradual Awakening. Stephen Levine
- A Path With Heart. Jack Kornfield
- Heart of Wisdom, Mind of Calm. Christina Feldman
- It’s Easier Than You Think. Sylvia Boorstein
- Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness. Sharon Salzberg
- Meditation for Beginners. Jack Kornfield
- Mindfulness in Plain English. Bhante Gunaratana
- Radical Acceptance. Tara Brach
- Seeking the Heart of Wisdom. Joseph Goldstein and Jack Kornfield
- Start Where You Are. Pema Chodron
- Teachings of the Buddha. Jack Kornfield
- The Miracle of Mindfulness. Thich Nhat Hanh
- When the Swans Came to the Lake. Rick Fields
- Dharma Seed. A great audio collection of Western Theravada Buddhism talks
- Mindfulness Remedy. Mindfulness training for organizations and individuals, integrating the latest neuroscience with timeless principles of self-actualization and business success.
- Tricycle. A wonderful collection of resources and articles covering wide-ranging topics related to Buddhist practice.
Develop and deepen your meditation practice with one-on-one instruction, tailored to your personal needs and goals. Read about meditation instruction »
Mindfulness & Recovery
- Kevin Griffin. The website for Kevin Griffin, the Buddhist author, teacher, and leader in the mindful recovery movement
- A Mindful Emergence Radio Show. A weekly radio show focusing on addiction recovery, trauma relief and compassionate self-care.
- A Mindful Emergence. An organization that offers an integrative approach to addiction recovery utilizing mindfulness, movement therapy, and traditional recovery practices.
Western Insight Meditation Retreat Centers
- Insight Meditation Society and the Forest Refuge. In Barre, Massacheusettes, where the Insight tradition was first brought to the West by Jack Kornfield, Joseph Goldstein and Sharon Salzberg
- Southern Dharma Retreat Center. Located in the beautiful NC mountains in the Hot Springs area
- Spirit Rock Meditation Center. Nestled in beautiful Wood Acre, California and founded by Jack Kornfield