To implement current and future initiatives detailed in AIM’s Strategic Plan, committees staffed by volunteers have been established.
The committees are listed below along with the roles of their subcommittees. A full description of each committee’s area of responsibility can be found in our Strategic Plan.
The current list of our filled and open committee volunteer positions can be found in our AIM Committee Volunteer Positions spreadsheet.
If you would like to volunteer for an open committee position, please contact us via the Volunteer Contact Form on our Volunteer Opportunities page.
- Greeting: Greet new visitors to AIM events
- Membership Recruitment: Recruit new Core Members
- Member Support Services: Support members experiencing illness, loss, or other difficulties
- Member Input: Survey member opinions
- Volunteer Coordination: Coordinate AIM volunteers
- Accounting: Budgetary planning and bookkeeping
- Core Membership Program: Oversight and development of Core Membership program
- Fund Raising: Raise funds for AIM operations and growth
Communications and Outreach Committee
- Newsletter: Create and mail a weekly AIM e-newsletter
- Social Media: Develop and maintain website and social media
- Advertising/Promotion: Develop and produce AIM marketing and outreach materials
- Strategic Alliances: Network and create alliances with other meditation communities
- Community Engagements: Presentations and outreach to community groups by AIM spokespersons
- Community Service Projects: Engage in volunteer community service projects and radio programs
- Program Oversight and Development: Create, maintain, and expand AIM programs and events, which currently include the following:
- Meditation sessions
- Dharma talks
- Guest speakers
- Classes and workshops
- Vegetarian potlucks
- Movie Night
- Facilitator Training Program
- Committee Coordinator training
- Retreats: Coordinate AIM retreats
- Musical Events: Develop and offer events such as Tibetan Bowl concerts and Chanting sessions
- Book Club: Organize and coordinate monthly book club meetings
- Social Activities: Plan and coordinate various social events
- Library: Promote, maintain, and update the library
- Technology: Maintain and expand technology materials
- Facilities: Optimize current facility
Read full descriptions of each committee’s areas of responsibility in the Goals and Objectives section (beginning page 8) of our Strategic Plan.