Do you shop at Amazon.com? Amazon will now donate .5% of your qualifying purchases to the charity of your choice when you participate in the Amazon Smile program.
Support AIM through your Amazon purchases. Simply click on this Amazon Smile link and you’ll be taken to an Amazon.com page where you can confirm that AIM is your charity of choice for the Smile program.
When you shop at Amazon in the future, type smile.amazon.com in your web address bar (or bookmark it), and your purchases will automatically donate money to AIM at no extra cost to you.
Automate the Amazon Smile Shopping Experience
Tip: You can easily add an extension to certain web browsers and mobile devices that will automatically take you to smile.amazon.com when you visit Amazon. That way you won’t have to remember to type “smile” in front of “amazon.com.”
- For Google Chrome, add the extension by visiting this link.
- For Firefox, add the extension by visiting this link.
- Unfortunately, Safari and Internet Explorer do not currently have Amazon Smile extensions.
- For iPhone and iPad:
- 1. Open Safari and type smile.amazon.com in the web address field at the top. AmazonSmile will open.
- 2. Touch the share button (looks like a box with an arrow) to the left of the website address.
- 3. Touch “Add to Home Screen.”
- 4. Touch “Add.”
- 5. Remove the old Amazon app from your home screen (which would take you to regular Amazon.com):
- a. Hold your finger on the original Amazon app until it wiggles.
- b. Touch the black “X” to delete the app. You will see an alert that your Amazon data will be deleted. This will not delete your Amazon account or any of your wish lists or order history. All of that info will be present in the new Amazon Smile app.
Questions about Amazon Smile?
You can also support AIM through the iGive Shopping program, which donates money (about 3% of your purchase) to AIM every time you shop online at your favorite stores at no extra cost to you. You’ll also receive coupon codes and deals exclusive to iGive account holders.
More than 1700 of the most popular online stores support the iGive program.
Sign up for iGive
It’s quick and easy to sign up:
- Go to iGive.com and sign up.
- Use the Search function to look for “Asheville Insight.” (No need to type “Meditation.”)
- Select Asheville Insight as your charity of choice.
- You can then add a button to your browser, add an iGive app to your Apple device, or add an iGive app to your Android device. Then your shopping will automatically contribute to AIM at participating stores.