The Gift of Depression as a Way to Compassion
If you’ve ever suffered with depression, this group is for you!
Learn how the practice of mindfulness can change your relationship with depressive moods and feelings. Depression is a source of pain for many people, and awareness of depressive feelings can be a way out of the pain of depression.
Each session will include didactic teachings, meditation, and exercises that will help create a context for change.
What You Will Learn
- Recognizing pathways into and out of depression
- Understanding your mind
- Trusting your experience
- Understanding the connection between feelings and thoughts
- Thinking and feeling your way out of pain
- Moving from depression to compassion
Jim Stratton, LPC, has worked as a counselor, trainer, and group facilitator since 1985. He has practiced mindfulness for 20 years and has been a member of meditation groups in Minneapolis, Charlotte, and Asheville.
The class series is composed of five two-hour classes on the third Wednesday of each month, beginning September 2015. It includes one half-day session, date and time to be announced.
- Date: October 31, 2015
- Time: 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM
- Suggested Donation: $35 (payable at session time)
- Dates: Wednesdays: Sep 16, Oct 21, Nov 18, Dec 16 (2015), Jan 20, 2016
- Time: 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Suggested Donations: $20/class (payable at class time)