Heart Awakening Practices is a workshop focused on heart-opening meditation practices (Brahma Viharas).
- The ultimate aim of spiritual practice is to liberate the heart so that there are no barriers, shackles, or constrictions to your heart’s freedom!
You’ll Learn How To…
- Have more patience, compassion, understanding, and love for your “self”
- Have more patience, compassion, understanding, and love for “others”
- Develop healthy and mutually supportive relationships
- Experience more lasting joy
- Experience equanimity in the face of life circumstances—including difficulties
- Deepen your mindfulness and self-awareness practices
Workshop sessions will include guided meditations, teacher instruction, exercises, group discussions, and Q&A’s.
Ronya Banks is the founder and lead teacher of Asheville Insight Meditation. She has practiced meditation since 1985 and has been teaching mindfulness meditation (also known as Vipassana or Insight Meditation) for over seven years.
Please register for the workshop using the Event Signup form below. You’ll be given the opportunity to pay for the workshop via PayPal after you submit the form. You do not need a PayPal account to use PayPal. (Look for “No PayPal account?” or “Don’t have a PayPal account?” on the bottom left of the PayPal page.)
If you would rather not pay for the class online, you may download the registration form here. Fill out the form and drop it off in the red dana box at the meditation hall along with your check (payable to Asheville Insight Meditation). Note that your spot is not reserved until we receive your registration form and check.
For more information about the class, please contact us or call us at 828-808-4444.