November 1, 2015 – October 2, 2016
Living an “Awakened Life” With the Four Noble Truths & Noble Eightfold Path
Doesn’t it make sense to learn the foundation of this path of practice?
Join a group of conscientious beings as you immerse yourself in “learning” and “walking the path” of the Four Noble Truths, which are considered to be the central doctrine of Buddhist teachings. Included in the Four Noble Truths is also the Noble Eightfold Path.
This class is for you if…
- You would like to enhance your meditation practice with deeper understandings and motivation;
- (And/Or) You want to gain a greater intellectual understanding of this spiritual path;
- (And/Or) You are ready to practice the principles laid to on this path – experientially;
- (And/Or) You’re just a learning junkie!
About the Class
The Four Noble Truths workshop is a monthly 2-hour “Live” series of 12 classes spanning over a year. During the classes, instructor Ronya Banks will teach you the conceptual framework of Buddhist thought. This framework is based on the Buddha’s original doctrine, as well as on additional classical and modern Theravada perspectives from well-known Buddhist teachers.
Notes for each class will be provided to participants after each class via email. Classes will consist of teacher instruction, group discussion, and a short meditation period.
You are invited to practice the principles you have learned via assignments given for each month’s emphases. This will help you gain an experiential understanding of this path!
The workshop will be limited to 25 participants, so please register early to confirm your spot.
About the Teacher
Teacher Ronya Banks is a contemplative and Buddhist meditation teacher. She is the founder and guiding teacher of Asheville Insight Meditation and is also a certified coach, and spiritual guide.
In addition to having practiced meditation since 1985, Ronya has attended numerous silent meditation retreats with over 30 different Vipassana teachers from around the world. She also leads meditation retreats.
- Dates: One Sunday of every month, November 1, 2015, November 29, 2015, December 27, 2015, February 7, 2016, February 28, April 3, May 1, June 5, June 26, August 7, August 28, & October 2, 2016
- Time: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Location: 175 Weaverville Road, Suite H, Asheville, NC 28806
- Cost: Standard pre-registration: $195; Core Member pre-registration: $155; Day of event: $225; Per Class: $30
- Register Below. Or pick up the form at the AIM location listed above, or contact us online to receive a copy. You may also call 828-808-4444.