Join us to read and discuss books with a Buddhist theme or message. We meet the second Wednesday of each month (except when rescheduled).
Book Club Format
We read one book each month and then get together to discuss the following:
- Teachings from the book that had the greatest impact on us
- Any lingering questions or uncertainties about the book
- If and how the book impacted our personal spiritual practices
- How the book relates to other spiritual teachings we have studied or practiced
- What we liked or disliked most about the book
- The Mind Illuminated: A Complete Meditation Guide Integrating Buddhist Wisdom and Brain Science , by Culadasa (John Yates)
- Discussion: Wednesday, February 7th, 7:00 pm. (Socializing begins at 6:45pm.)
- March 7: It Didn’t Start with You: How Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the Cycle, by Mark Wolynn
To Join the Book Club
The book club is open to all active sangha members and to newcomers sincerely interested in becoming active members. Familiarity with the basic tenets of Buddhism is a prerequisite, as we approach the books from this perspective. If you are new to Buddhism, we suggest first taking an introductory AIM class, which you can find here before attending the book club.
You may sign up for the Book Club at any of the regular AIM meditation sessions. The meditation schedule can be found on the Group Meditation page.
For further information or if you have any questions, please contact our Book Club Coordinator, at email@example.com.