What a gift it was to have Phyllis Hicks visit and introduce Insight Dialogue to our group. Phyllis discussed the importance of mindfulness in communication with both ourselves and with others. Here are some of the highlights from her presentation:
- The first step of Insight Dialogue is to pause. Just stop whatever you’re doing; hit the “pause button.”
- During this sacred pause, bring yourself mindfully into the present moment.
- Mindfulness is the process of becoming fully present in the current moment, your attention trained upon whatever is here right now.
- While pausing, connect to your inner experience.
- Once so connected, allow yourself to speak from your “present-moment truth.”
- Maintain this inner connection as you allow yourself to open to others and listen to them as deeply and fully as you can.
More to come about Mindful Speech!