Saturdays, August 6th, 13th, 20th, & 27th, 2017
The Basics of Mindfulness Meditation is a four-week meditation class series designed to help you get the most out of your meditation practice. It is appropriate for both beginners, experienced meditators, and anyone else who wants to bring more balance and mindful awareness into daily life.
Workshop sessions will include guided meditations, teacher instruction about the philosophy of the practice, exercises, group discussions, and Q&A periods.
Decades of research have demonstrated the numerous benefits of mindfulness meditation:
- An increased ability to relax
- Greater energy, enthusiasm, and happiness
- Reduced stress
- Improved immune system functioning
What You’ll Learn
- How to develop a healthier relationship with your thoughts
- How to experience more balance with your emotions
- How to be more in touch with your body and mind
- How to be more present with the people in your life
Ronya Banks is the founder and lead teacher of Asheville Insight Meditation. She has practiced meditation since 1985 and has been teaching mindfulness meditation (also known as Vipassana or Insight Meditation) for over seven years. In addition to teaching meditation to both individuals and groups, Ms. Banks also works as a personal meditation teacher, dharma consultant, and mindfulness trainer.
- Dates: Four Saturdays: Aug 6, 13, 20, & 27, 2017
- Time: 2:00pm – 4:00 pm
- Cost: Preregistration [$105 – Standard], [$85 – A.I.M Core Members], or [$125 – At Door (Day of event)] -or- Per Class: $35
- Note: Maximum 25 attendees: first come, first served. Minimum five attendees.
Please register for the workshop using the Event Signup form below. You’ll be given the opportunity to pay for the workshop via PayPal after you submit the form. You do not need a PayPal account to use PayPal. (Look for “No PayPal account?” or “Don’t have a PayPal account?” on the bottom left of the PayPal page.)
If you would rather not pay for the class online, pick up a registration form at the meditation hall and pay by check (payable to Asheville Insight Meditation) or with credit card information. Your spot is not reserved until we receive your registration form and payment