Saturdays, October 7 – November 4, 2017
Learn the Basic Principles of Buddhism and Related Practices
Buddhism, as taught in the Theravada tradition, is a systematic path of practice that, when followed, can lead to greater inner peace, freedom, and joy.
In this class you will learn about the following foundational Buddhist teachings:
- The Three Marks of Existence
- Taking Refuge
- Four Noble Truths & Noble Eightfold Path
- The Precepts
About the Class
The Intro to Buddhism class is a weekly 2-hour “Live” series consisting of four classes.
During the classes, instructor Ronya Banks will teach the conceptual framework of the basic Buddhist teachings as outlined in the classical and modern Theravada Buddhist lineage. (Theravada is considered to be the oldest form of Buddhism as originally taught by Siddhartha Gautama – the historical Buddha.)
Notes for each class will be provided to participants after each class via email. Classes will consist of teacher instruction, exercises, group discussion, and a short meditation period.
You are invited to practice the principles you have learned via assignments given between each class. This will help you gain an experiential understanding of these teachings.
The workshop will be limited to 25 participants, so please register early to confirm your spot.
About the Teacher
Teacher Ronya Banks is a contemplative and Buddhist meditation teacher. She is the founder and guiding teacher of Asheville Insight Meditation and is also a certified coach and spiritual guide.
In addition to having practiced meditation since 1985, Ronya has attended numerous silent meditation retreats with over 30 different Vipassana teachers from around the world. She also leads meditation retreats.
- Dates: Saturdays: October 7, October 21, October 28, and November 4, 2017
- Time: 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Location: 175 Weaverville Road, Suite H, Asheville, NC 28806
- Cost: Standard pre-registration: $125. Core Member pre-registration: $95. Day of event (all): $150. Per Class: $40.
- Register with the form below or pick up the form at the AIM Meditation Hall or contact us online to receive a copy. You may also call 828-808-4444.