Join us to read and discuss books with a Buddhist theme or message. We meet the second Wednesday of each month (except when rescheduled).
Book Club Format
We read one book each month and then get together to discuss the following:
- Teachings from the book that had the greatest impact on us
- Any lingering questions or uncertainties about the book
- If and how the book impacted our personal spiritual practices
- How the book relates to other spiritual teachings we have studied or practiced
- What we liked or disliked most about the book
- The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle
- Discussion: Wednesday, February 8th, 7:00 pm. (Socializing begins at 6:45pm.)
- March 8: Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, by Yuval Noah Harari
We will be choosing the next books for upcoming Book Club meetings at our March 8th meeting. Please bring a suggestion for a book, and we will make the selections before our book discussion.
To Join the Book Club
The book club is open to all active sangha members and to newcomers sincerely interested in becoming active members. Familiarity with the basic tenets of Buddhism is a prerequisite, as we approach the books from this perspective. If you are new to Buddhism, we suggest first taking an introductory AIM class, which you can find here before attending the book club.
You may sign up for the Book Club at any of the regular AIM meditation sessions. The meditation schedule can be found on the Group Meditation page.
For further information or if you have any questions, please contact Giorgio, the Book Club Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.